BYC T’s & C’s and Etiquette
1. INTERPRETATION AND VARIATION
1. In the Terms and Conditions the following definitions apply:
2. “Company” means Bikram Hot Yoga Chiswick Ltd trading as BYC hot yoga.
3. “Member” means any person that has completed and submitted the registration form (the “Registration Form”) either online at bychotyoga.co.uk, or in the studio for BYC hot yoga which registration has been accepted by the Company.
4. “Membership” means the different types of membership that a Member may purchase, either online at bychotyoga.co.uk or at the studio for the duration specified for that membership.
5. “Studio” is BYC hot yoga, 1st Floor, Essex place, London, W4 5UT.
6. “Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions.
7. References in the Terms and Conditions to the singular will include the plural and vice versa and references to the masculine gender will include references to the feminine gender or gender neutral/fluid.
8. The Terms and Conditions are incorporated into the Registration Form.
9. The Company reserves the right to vary and revoke the Terms and Conditions from time to time which variation it may consider necessary or desirable for the regulation of the affairs of the Studio and the conduct of Members. Any such changes will be notified to Members and, until revoked, are and will be binding on Members.
10. The Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. THE COMPANY
We are Bikram Hot Yoga Chiswick Ltd (trading as BYC hot yoga), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08181330 at Companies House and with a registered office address at The Studio Essex Place London W4 5UT. Our VAT number is GB 802267749 . Our Studio telephone number is 02089959955. Our website/registered domain name is www.bychotyoga.co.uk
Please Note: BYC hot yoga is not affiliated or associated in any way with the Bikram Yoga College of India. We are independently owned and operated and pay no commission, franchise or licensing fees to BYCI.
1. Subject to condition, when a person has completed the Registration Form he will become a Member of the Studio.
2. Acceptance of a person as a Member is at the absolute discretion of the Company.
3. The Company reserves the right to expel from the Studio, suspend for a specific period or refuse to renew the membership of any Member whose conduct is or may, in the Company’s reasonable opinion, be injurious to the character of the Studio or which amounts to a breach of the Terms and Conditions or where such expulsion is otherwise in the interests of the other Members of the Studio. Any Member so expelled will forthwith cease to be a Member of the Studio and will not be entitled to any refund for any period during which his membership is suspended.
4. A person shall cease to be a Member when their Membership expires or when the Membership is terminated under these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt the provisions of condition 3 shall continue to apply after a person ceases to be a Member.
5. If a Member brings a guest to the Studio for a session that guest must before the commencement of the relevant session become a Member in accordance with and subject to the Terms and Conditions.
6. Details of prices of Memberships are available at the Studio or on the Website and shall be such prices as determined by BYC hot yoga from time to time.
4. STUDIO OPENING TIMES
1. Details of session times at the Studio may vary from time to time. Session times will be published by the Studio and will be available either at the Studio or at www.bychotyoga.co.uk
2. Members are encouraged to arrive on time just prior to the scheduled class start time. Please refer to our late comers policy.
Latecomers Policy at BYC hot yoga:
Please note there are no desk staff for the 6.30am, 7.30am, 8.15am & 2pm so doors are locked promptly at the start of class, no latecomers permitted.
If it is your first time practising at BYC, you need to be in the yoga room from the very beginning of class. This is to ensure that the teacher knows you are new and if you are working with any illness or injuries, so they can take good care of you.
Bikram Yoga: Latecomers, who have practised at BYC, will be permitted into class ONLY before the end of the first breathing exercise, at the discretion of Managers and Reception staff.
All other classes: Students are required to be in the room for the start of the class. This is for their own safety and to cause least disruption to the class.
5. PAYMENT TERMS
1. Details of session prices and gift certificate prices are available either at bychotyoga.co.uk or directly from the Studio and will be such prices as determined by the Company from time to time.
2. A Member may not attend any session at the Studio without first booking and paying for the relevant session.
3. Payments for sessions and gift certificates in any amount are non-refundable, non freezable and non transferable. If a package is bought and only part used there will be no refund available for the remaining sessions.
4. All purchases made online and in the Studio are in £GBP (pounds sterling).
5. Fees may be increased at BYC hot yoga’s discretion and with advanced notification sent to Members to do so.
6. We do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
7. By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
(a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
(b) you are at least 18 years old.
8. The Products will be your responsibility from the time of delivery. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products.
9. There are no refunds, extensions, transfers, sharing or holds on any memberships.
6. BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
1. A Member may only book or schedule sessions for themselves via their personal Studio booking facility at bychotyoga.co.uk
2. Members will be charged for a session where cancellation or the rescheduling of a session is not made online or notice of the same is not made at the Studio and received in person by a Studio staff member at least 24 hours prior to the booked time.
3. Sessions are booked on a first-come first-served basis. A Member may use the waiting list facility at bychotyoga.co.uk, a member can also cancel a class at bychotyoga.co.uk. If a Member joins the waiting list for a particular session and then books that session his booking will be subject to the Terms and Conditions in the usual way.
4. It is the responsibility of the Member to cancel any Autopay with two months notice in email to email@example.com. BYC hot yoga cannot be held liable for any payments processed due to the failure of a Member to cancel the necessary payment method(s).
7. FITNESS AND HEALTH
1. Members are advised not to undertake strenuous physical activities without first seeking medical advice if they have concerns over their physical condition. The Studio reserves the right to refuse access to any Member if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the health of the individual concerned may be endangered by the use of such facilities.
2. Members with low/high blood pressure and/or cardiac irregularities should not attend class, until they have written permission from their Doctor. If there is any doubt, the Member should consult his doctor.
3. If pregnant, Members are advised to practise only if they already have a regular practise of one year prior to pregnancy and then only after their first trimester and they must follow the pregnancy series. Please see our pregnancy page for more information. BYC hot yoga cannot accept responsibility for anyone who chooses to practise when pregnant and for the potential risks that could occur.
4. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that he is capable of undergoing a routine of exercises provided by any programme which he follows or class which he attends. Members accept the risk of injury from performing exercises and are advised to consult their doctor prior to beginning any fitness session.
5. Members must notify the Studio of any circumstances affecting their health which may be exacerbated through continued use of the Studio.
6. Members are required to follow the instructions of the instructor at all times.
7. BYC hot yoga’s staff & teachers are not medically trained or qualified and therefore not qualified to assess whether a Member is in good physical condition to engage in exercise.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. The Company cannot be held responsible for any particular session, instructor and/or item of equipment not being available for whatever reason. The Company reserves the right to make alterations to the sessions, instructors and/ or equipment, as well as to those ancillary facilities (e.g. showers), provided to Members, without notice and in its absolute discretion and the Company will not be liable for any loss occasioned by such alterations except insofar as such loss is by law incapable of exclusion.
2. The Company accepts no liability for loss or damage to property of Members or for injury to Members on the Studio premises or outside the Studio except insofar as such loss, damage or injury is by law incapable of exclusion.
3. Vehicles, bicycles, motorbikes, scooters and their contents parked outside BYC hot Yoga are at the owners’ risk and BYC hot yoga cannot accept liability for loss, damage or theft. For more Parking information visit our Parking Page.
4. The use of the studio and any of its equipment and products sold, offered or provided – ie shower gels, hand wash, hygiene products, essential oils, drinks, food, etc – are with the full knowledge of and risk to the participant. The Company cannot take responsibility for any adverse reaction(s) and/or experience(s) on behalf of the participant.
5. Online classes are participated in at the client’s own risk. We are not responsible for faulty equipment used or injury caused by any of the classes taken.
9. USE OF FACILITIES
1. A Member is entitled to use the Studio’s facilities provided always that the Studio may at any time without notice withdraw all or part of its facilities for any period or periods and with notice, where practicable, in connection with any cleaning, repair, alteration or maintenance work or for reasons beyond the control of the Studio or the Company.
2. Children the age of 16 years or older may only use the Studio and attend classes if accompanied by an adult parent or guardian to register as a Member, they may then attend classes unattended.
3. Children may not enter changing rooms or other areas reserved for the opposite sex, regardless of whether they are accompanied by an adult.
4. Personal belongings brought onto the Studio premises are at the Member’s own risk and the Company does not accept liability for any loss or damage whatsoever to such items. Lockers are provided for you small valuables (ie keys, wallets and mobile phones) you will need a £1 to operate these.
5. MOBILE PHONES MUST BE SWITCHED OFF IN THE STUDIO AT ALL TIMES!
1. Members are requested to wear a form of dress appropriate to the practice of hot yoga. It is recommended that Members wear stretch/fitted leggings or shorts and a T-shirt or sports top. Members should attend sessions barefoot. Footwear should be removed in the reception area before entry to the changing rooms or the studio.
11. SAFETY & HYGIENE
1. In the interests of safety and hygiene, no crockery, glass or food are permitted in the changing rooms or studio. Only water is permitted in the Studio.
2. Notwithstanding paragraph 10.1 above, Members must not walk around the Studio barefoot if they have verrucas or similar foot complaints.
3. Members must use the main entrance to the Studio when entering or leaving the Studio. Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and Members must not interfere with these exits for any reason. In the event of a fire, Members are asked to make their way to the nearest available exit.
4. Smoking is forbidden in the Studio.
5. Members are asked to refrain from using aerosol sprays (ie hairspray, deodorants, strong perfumes) in the changing rooms.
1. Members are required to give notice to the Company of any change of home address or email address. Failing such notice, all communications will be assumed to have been received by the Member within five days of mailing to the last address (of either type) notified to the Company.
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse admission to the Studio.
3. The Company may assign the benefit of the Registration Process and a Member’s membership to a third party at any time without notice to the Member.
4. A person who is not a party to the Registration Process has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of the Registration Process.
5. The Company may, if a Member so wishes, communicate with the Member by electronic mail (“email”) or phone calls and text. By providing an email address and telephone number to the Company the Member consents to receiving email communications, telephone calls and texts, from the Company, including notices pursuant to the Terms and Conditions. The Member also accepts the risk that email may not be a secure and confidential means of communication. The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of communicating with a Member by email.
6. Members must at all times observe the Studio guidelines which may be notified to them from time to time and are requested to comply with any reasonable directions which the management of the Studio may issue to ensure the smooth operation of the Studio for the convenience of all Members.
7. Any marketing, educational or other materials of this nature whatsoever produced by the Company in connection with the Studio and which are made available to Members at the Studio will at all times remain the property of the Company and will be subject to the Company’s copyright.
8. Members will allow the use of photography for promotional purposes unless stated otherwise by the Member. A Member has the right to request not to be photographed for this purpose.
ONLINE BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In consideration of you taking part in our online classes, your well being is very important to us. As you will be practicing with out the physical presence of a teacher to observe your postures effectively, participating in ANY of the classes on our online schedule you will be agreeing to the following …..
Ensure you have cleared a safe space to practice in and have assessed any risk factors for yourself.
Avoid pushing beyond your existing limits. When you’re practising, especially outside the hot room, you may find that it takes longer to warm up and that you could be more prone to injury if you attempt to push too hard. Accept that your range of movement may be less and do not move in to any pain.
Avoid practising if you’re unwell, or pregnant either now or within the past 6 months.
As much as you may want to join our classes, please avoid attending online sessions if you’re unsure as to your ability to practice safely.
By participating in our live stream classes, please note that you agree that you will accept all responsibility for any injury or health condition you or indeed any one else that may be participating with you may sustain. In addition to the above, you agree and accept our T’s & C’s
1. Classes can be booked online up to 6 days in advance and up to 1 hour before the start of a class.
2. Online bookings must be cancelled online up to 12 hours before the start of a class or this will be treated as a ‘no show’.
3. We do not accept telephone or email cancellations.
4. If the class is fully booked, you can add yourself to the online ‘waitlist’.
5. Once you are on the ‘waitlist’, as places come up in class, you will be automatically moved from the ‘waitlist’ to a reserved space in class. You will be emailed notification of this, at which point normal booking terms apply.
6. You are always welcome to come to class without a booking as there are usually spaces. These will be handed out on a first come first served basis and we cannot guarantee a place.
7. If you book online you must sign in at reception at least 5 minutes before the class start time. Failure to do this may be treated as a ‘no show’ and your space may be given to someone else.
8. Your booking may be treated as a ‘no show’ if you do not attend the class or you fail to turn up at least 5 minutes before the class start time. In the event of 3 ‘no show’s’ or more in 1 month we will suspend your online booking rights for 1 week and, in addition, if you have a Class Card we will deduct one class.
To assist us with improving the service we offer to you we may ask you to provide us with personal details such as your name, email and home address. We may use this information for the purposes of providing, monitoring, assessing and marketing BYC hot yoga. We may also use your personal information to inform you of information, new features, offers, services, and products from BYC hot yoga from time to time. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise distribute any personal information to third parties.
Any information supplied by you to us via this web site will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
BYC hot yoga Etiquette
Welcome to BYC hot yoga, West London’s number 1 hot yoga studio. We have been in the heart of Chiswick since 2002 and like to think of our studio as a home away from home, Yoga Oasis, where you can come to destress, unwind and sweat away the day.
This is a list of do’s and don’ts we’ve assembled over the years from Student feedback, to create a Yoga Oasis: for the benefit of all students.
Please take off your shoes before coming upstairs & place them on the shelves provided or in the cubbies in the changing room. Property is left as owners own risk.
Please make sure they are not in the way of the fire-exit (front door) or placed in anyway that could be hazardous to other students.
You may wear indoor sandals in the changing room/reception area.
Please do not take or wear ANY footwear into the Yoga room.
Socks can be worn if you have feet conditions.
Please be mindful of your feet hygiene and do not come to the studio if you have anything contagious unless it is appropriately dressed.
Health changes & Injuries
Please keep us regularly informed of any health changes or injuries.
Have you read our informative Beginners Guide?
We recommend and encourage you to lie or sit quietly prior to class. This enables a peaceful and focused environment for all practitioners. We do ask for complete silence in class 15 minutes before and after.
During class, if you need to leave the studio, please ensure you do not walk in front of people whilst they are in posture.
Please wait until the posture is finished.
The same applies for when you come back in.
Please do not adjust blinds, touch the windows or turn the fan on or off in the studio.
Please refrain from putting anything or sitting on the blue heaters.
The Teacher will arrange the room/temperature for the benefit of all.
Please refrain from talking during class. If you need to speak to the Teacher, please raise your hand and they will respond accordingly.
For your own safety, do not chew gum.
Please refrain from wearing noisy jewellery.
Please follow the instructions given by Teachers for all postures faithfully.
If a Teacher gives you ongoing modifications please let the other Teachers know before class.
The class is not over until after final Savasana.
After class, please leave the room quietly and close the door behind you.
Remember: our Teachers are in Reception for 15minutes after class if you have any questions.
If you need to use tissues during class, please keep them on your towel and ensure you dispose of them properly afterwards.
We recommend that if you are feeling unwell, you do not come to class and sweat it out.
Remember: Rest is Best.
Please always be respectful of your fellow students and their belongings in the studio.
If you encounter any problems please come and speak to the Manager.
Be mindful of your fellow yogis and refrain from putting your mat directly in front of anyone. Everyone should be able to see themselves in the mirrors.
Desk staff are entitled to be treated with respect and politeness, we reserve the right to take necessary action if we deem somebodys behaviour to be anti-social, rude or disrespectful.
If you have any queries or concerns, please ask to speak to a manager.
BYC hot yoga Latecomers Policy:
If it is your first time practising at BYC hot yoga, you need to be in the Yoga room from the very beginning of class. This is to ensure that the teacher knows you are new and if you are working with any illness’ or injuries, so they can take good care of you.
Hot Yoga: Latecomers, who have practised at BYC, will be permitted into class ONLY before the end of the first breathing exercise, at the discretion of Managers and Reception staff.
All other Classes: Students are required to be in the room for the start of class. This is for their own safety and to cause least disruption to the class.
The Studio door will be opened 30 minutes prior to class starting, 15minutes before the 06:15am and 45 minutes before the 6:15pm & 8:15pm. We close promptly 30 minutes after class has finished.
Mobile phones & all electronic devices.
Please turn off all personal electrical devices on entering BYC hot yoga.
No talking, texting, checking your emails, your voicemail or the internet anywhere in the studio. We are a mobile free zone, enjoy!
Please do not allow watch alarms to go off during class and make sure you have turned off your phone alarm prior to entering the room.
We are unable to provide parking at the studio. Meter parking is available on the streets around the studio. As we are close to the end of a ‘no-through’ road, please be extra careful that you are not blocking in local residents. We are within walking distance of three stations and many buses stop outside the studio.
Our local Sainsbury’s store in Chiswick kindly allow our members to park for 3 hours (instead of the usual two), so they have time to practise and do their shopping.
For the time being, to claim this extra hour of parking, you need to adhere to the following steps:
Park in Sainsburys.
Practise your class.
Shop in Sainsbury’s (MINIMUM £5 SPEND).
Take your shopping receipt AND your BYC Sainsbury’s Orange Parking Voucher, available at BYC reception, to customer services for parking validation.
You will need to hand in this Orange voucher to the Sainsbury Customer Service desk as proof you have just practised.
If Sainsbury’s barriers are broken, please continue to adhere to the steps as lined out with the addition of putting a BYC purple timetable card, logo out, visible on the dashboard of your car.
Leave Sainsbury’s carpark WITHIN the 3 hour time limit.
If you stay over 3 hours a £60 fine will be payable.
In order to keep this collaboration into the future, please always treat the staff at Sainsbury’s kindly and only take advantage of this generous offer on days when you visit BYC.
This offer is only available during Sainsbury’s customer services opening hours. Please check opening times with Sainsbury’s.
We ask all practitioners to dress appropriately for class.
For further advice ask at reception.
We provide small lockers for your valuables, these take a returnable £1 (old). Valuables and possessions are left at the owners’ risk.
We are unable to provide a free drinking water tap so we ensure the cost of our bottled water is kept as low as possible.