ABOUT Yin Yoga
Yin Yoga at BYC hot yoga!
Wednesday Candlelit: 8:15pm-9:15pm
Yin Yoga is a slow, mediative style of yoga practised mainly on the floor. Postures are held for several minutes at a time so practitioners can access deep tissues, such as the connective tissue and the fascia. Many of the postures focus on areas involving joints i.e hips, sacrum and spine.
By holding the postures for an extended period of time the benefits for the practitioners include:
- Calming and balancing for the mind and body
- Regulates energy in the body
- Increases mobility in the body, especially the joints
- Lowers stress levels
- Increases stamina
- Lubricates and protects the joints
- Improves flexibility in joints & connective tissue
- Releases fascia throughout the body
- Generates deeper relaxation
- Provides greater coping for anxiety and stress
- Compliments your Bikram hot yoga practise